Monday, October 24, 2011

Save the Date!

After our engagement session pics were in, Mr. Unicycle and I set about the arduous task of choosing a pic to use for our Save the Dates. I briefly mentioned here that we wanted to make Save the Date postcards and have them printed FO' FREE from Vistaprint. It wasn't that hard to decide on a pic because most of them were definite no's. Firstly, we hardly even got any with the banner. If Jenn hadn't kept reminding me to pull it out, we probably wouldn't have had any. Second of all, it was hard to read the banner in most of the pics because the wind was so strong or we were too far from the camera.

Exhibit A: We look like awkward doofuses, and you can't read the date.

 Still doofuses, still can't read it.

 Almost a good one, but the 12 was still billowing in the breeze. Also, my fabulous shoes are nowhere in sight!

For once, we don't look like doofuses, but our sign does.

When we finally settled on a pic, I turned to my artist bridesmaid to design them. We'll call her BM Artist for lack of a better name. She did a fabulous job and even redid the design when I was a bridezeela and sent it back for edits.
Personal Pic
Here's us dressed as Pee Wee and Miss Yvonne.

It didn't need much designing, per se. I just wanted the front to be the picture we chose with "Save the Date" written in a cool font, and on the back I gave her a list of things to include and let her do her thang. Here's what she came up with:

Amazing, right? They look better without the cheap editing job I did, obviously. They also look better with a stamp and an address on them:




And here's what it looked like after it arrived in the mail:

Boo, their stamp went over my lovely design!

So what did I learn from this wedding project?
  1. Addressing large quantities of letters is hard, even when you do it by hand and address them informally. I am so not looking forward to the invitations.
  2. BM Artist is amazing and selfless and I owe her one for making these look so adorable.
  3. It was nice to delegate something to someone else for a change!
  4. I love Pistilli Roman.
What do you think of our save the dates? Would you ever send hand-addressed postcards for something wedding related, or am I nuts?

No comments:

Post a Comment