Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The E-Pic Saga (See What I Did There?): Part 2

One thing I forgot to mention that I crafted in preparation for the engagement session was our date banner!

Personal pic

So now that you've seen all the junk I made for the pics, it's time to show you the actual pics themselves! We decided to have the engagement session in Milwaukee, since that's where Mr. Unicycle and I met, fell in love, and spent the first three and a half years of our relationship. Jenn said she would love to do a shoot there, score! There were a few locations I knew I wanted to hit up:
  1. Marquette's campus: It's picturesque, as most college campuses are, it's where we met, and it's what people expect from an engagement session.
  2. The lakefront: it's also picturesque, and it's where Mr. Unicycle proposed!
  3. The Milwaukee Art Museum: It's basically a photographer's dream, as it's filled with tons of natural light, features beautiful architecture, and is basically all white. 
  4. The 3rd/5th Ward: I'm a sucker for urban shots of decrepit storefronts, peeling paint, and brick walls with oozing mortar, and I think Jenn is too.
Jenn actually researched photo ops online before hand and sent me these inspiration pics:
See? Oozing mortar.

We were on a mission to find these tracks...but we failed.

Being an overzealous bridezeeeela, I decided to make a little map of our locations to share with Jenn.
Screenshot from Google Maps/MS Paint job by yours truly.

Okay NOW I'm ready to show you some hot pics! We started at the art museum, where Jenn captured these beauties (all of the following pics by Jennifer Shaffer Photography):













Next up, we hit Veteran's Park, which is like Milwaukee's version of Central Park, I guess. It's where people fly kits, ride bikes, and propose to their girlfriends (all photos still from Jennifer Shaffer Photography, obviously):

The exact spot where he proposed!!!!!111



 "Just sittin' on a picnic table. It's what I do best."





This could have been our Save the Date pic...but it wasn't!

After that we headed to Marquette University, which is where we went for undergrad. We actually saw another couple with another (no doubt less talented) photographer there:

Oldest building in the country.



One of us just told a poop joke.



Full disclosure: I hate hate hate my face in this picture, but I love that it's in front of the physics building where we met!





After Marquette, Jenn lost her car keys, so we took a break while she looked for them. She finally asked us to help her look, and she said if we found them we'd get a free (FREE!!!) wedding album. The sentence was barely out of her mouth when Mr. Unicycle found the keys, so now we get a free (FREE!!!) wedding album. (And Jenn didn't have to sleep on Mr. Unicycle's couch that night either.) After those shenanigans, we headed to the 3rd/5th Ward to get some artsy fartsy urban shots.

My favorite part of this pic is the guy in the window. hah!

I made Mr. Unicycle drink out of a heart straw, and now I'm blogging the evidence. What a bitch I am.




I smell a Save the Date winner!

All of the pics taken at the end of the day are pretty terrible--not because of Jenn, but because I was sweaty, my makeup was all but gone, my hair looked like I'd curled it instead of straightened it, and I was just tired of posing. My feet also had bloody blisters on them from those shoes. So I won't show you those! We ended up taking Jenn out to dinner afterwards to thank her for coming all the way out to Milwaukee and spending so much time with us. She really went above and beyond what I expected from a wedding photographer, and on top of that, she made us both feel comfortable (and look amazing) in front of the camera--even in the kissy shots. 

Are you in love with your photographer? Where did you/would you have your engagement pics taken?

No comments:

Post a Comment