Monday, September 26, 2011

The Candy Buffet Mock-Up: Do I Have Enough?

A few posts back, I showed you the candy buffet inspiration photos I’d been squirreling away. So what will my candy buffet look like? Well, the table will be covered with gray and white polka dot fabric (the same fabric as my engagement pics dress, which I'll show you later), and I’ll fill mismatched jars/vases/glass containers with bulk yellow candy--yellow gumballs, M&Ms, rock candy, and maybe my favorites, Mr. Goodbar!


I wish this photo were mine (because that would mean I had a vase full of Mr. Goodbars in my house) 

I also bought a bunch of miniature frames from the dollar section of Michaels, which I will use to label what each type of candy is. Here’s the mock-up (without frames):

All personal pics

This one’s my favorite:

 No wait, this one is:

I put these 2 on a box to give the buffet more dimension. Obviously I will not be using a cardboard box for the actual buffet:

 Is that a thrift store price tag I see? Why yes, it is. And yes, this badd boi was only a buck!

I might superglue some of them to these candle sticks from the dollar store. I think it makes them look purrrty:

And here it is with the frames included:

I think it looks really busy, actually. But keep in mind that all the containers will be cleaned, label-free, and filled with monochrome candy, and the frames will all be painted one color, most likely white.



Most of the containers were unearthed at a St. Vinny’s in the Dells. The most expensive one I bought there was $4, but most were only a dollar! I got a few at the Dollar Tree, also for a dollar, and a few from Home Goods. I think I might buy more from Hobby Lobby or Michaels because I’d love to hop on the bandwagon and buy one of these fancy-looking ones:


Plus, I have a gift card for both places. And I’m not sure how much candy I need for a 200 person reception. I guess that should dictate how many glass containers I buy, not just whether I have all the different pretty shapes, huh?

What do you think of my buffet set-up so far? Do you think it looks too busy? And more importantly, do you think I need to buy more glass?

No comments:

Post a Comment