Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Finding a Place to Host this Thang: Part 3

I left you in suspense with my last post (so sorry about that). For those of you on the edges of your seats, here’s the venue we chose...

...Wait for it...

...Wait for it...

Image source
Poplar Creek Country Club (which has now changed its name to Bridges of Poplar Creek)!!!!!1


Image source

Here are some more pics I took at our second visit:
All personal pics







To be completely honest, I'm not crazy about the carpeting, but I really like how simple the rest of the decor is, and the outdoor cocktail hour area is so cute (yeah, Astroturf!). So how did we reconcile all of the cons on our list for Poplar Creek?
  1. We asked them if they could extend the 5 hour package to 6 hours...fo' free. And they said yes. Can somebody please get me an easy button because THAT WAS EASY.
  2. I'm not really that concerned with other events going on at the same time as ours. I believe there is only one other party room, and it's on the first floor (mine's on the 2nd whoo hoo!). Plus, we get the outdoor cocktail hour area, and the other room is smaller, so it probably wouldn't be as loud/busy/important as our event. (Bridezeeeeela alert...)
  3. I thought long and hard (teehee) about what I really wanted to hang from the walls and realized it wasn't a complete necessity. We're going to make a free-standing backdrop for our photobooth and candy buffet, we'll probably take advantage of their ceiling hanging service (and, sigh, pay the damn fee), and we'll just hang all of the bunting/Martha poms/other poofy wedding goodness from the tables or balcony railing.
 Photos from You Are My Fave and Design Sponge. Crappy photoshop job by me (and by "photoshop" I mean "MS Paint")

What are some things that you didn't originally like about your venue? Did you work around them or did you just suck it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment