Thursday, September 15, 2011

On Eating Candy

There was one thing I knew I needed to have at my wedding, way before I was even engaged (besides the groom, of course. And a white dress. And a videographer. And an open bar)...

Image via Style Me Pretty / Styling by Amy Atlas

...A candy buffet! I’d seen them all over wedding blogs (and all over party blogs too) and they’re always the prettiest part of the whole affair. I found pictures like these, with colorful candy-filled apothecary jars:

Image via The Sweetest Occasion / Photos and styling by Kojo Designs

And candy buffets always have really beautiful backdrops too, which I am just itching to DIY:

Image via Kara's Party Ideas / Photos and styling by Bubbles and Sweet

Image via Kara's Party Ideas / Photo by Ellemenopee / Styling by Candice and Ezra


 Image via Hostess with the Mostess / Photo and styling by KaLice Events

Image via Catch my Party / Photo and styling by Sheek Shindigs

 Image via Ms. Awesome (AKA Ms. Stripes!) / Photo by Amanda Doublin / Styling by Sweet Emilia Jane

Candy buffets are like killing 3 birds with one stone too (if you’re into bird-hunting):
  1. They can replace a favor--and this favor will actually get used, unlike a paperweight with the couple’s monogram etched into it.
  2. Filling up your favor bag counts as an “activity” which I’m all for. I know not everyone is into dancing at weddings, so to keep guests from getting bored, I”ll just direct them to the candy buffet (or the photo booth, but I’ll save that for another post). 
  3. Candy buffets are pretty! (see above) One thing that’s really important to me throughout wedding planning is making sure my reception is pretty. A candy buffet is a great way to add some color (and an amazing backdrop) to your wedding.
I can’t wait to get started making everything for my candy buffet. I wish I could buy the candy now! My guests won’t mind a little stale candy, right? Can gumballs and rock candy get stale?

Are you having a candy buffet at your wedding? Share your inspiration photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment