Monday, July 9, 2012

We're a Bicycle

I just can't help myself with these wheel puns. I was very open from day one about my affinity for dad jokes, so you can't say you haven't been warned. When hive member priyathescientist commented on my last post asking if we were now a bicycle, I died laughing and went to a heaven filled with bears on unicycles, fat men slipping on banana peels, and other amusing things.

Our speech bubbles are facing the wrong way. We fail, again.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand: two wheels indeed became one. Or we became a bicycle, or whatever. The Unicycles are married! And it was, to put it eloquently yet concisely, friggin' awesome. Our amazing, wonderful, too-good-to-be-true photographer got our pics back to us before I had even wrapped my mind around the wedding being over. We returned from our honeymoon, celebrated our nation's freedom a bit, moved into our new pad in Milwaukee, and all of a sudden our wedding pics are here! We don't even have internet service yet :(



Remember how I couldn't sleep the night before the wedding because I was overtaken with fear at the thought of walking down the aisle while everyone looked at me? It lasted well into the ceremony:

As soon as I got into the vestibule and saw how many guests there were I was like "oh SHIT." Except it was church, so I really went "oh DANG."

Then I freaked out a little bit, but my dad made some dad jokes for me so I'd stop dry heaving.


I got through the ceremony okay, and I got the dramatic kiss photo I wanted!


Pretty much all of my wedding day predictions came true. Except the candy buffet backdrop didn't fall over, to my knowledge, but it did look pretty bangin'.


My bridesmaids also looked pretty bangin' in matching shades that I bought at the last minute, two days before the wedding.


The day was full of so much laughter, so many smiles, and so many amazing, warm/fuzzy feelings. I wish I could get married to Mr. Unicycle every day.


I think it's safe to say that a good time was had by all, as they say.

Yes, our last dance was everything I dreamed it would be, and then some. Drunken swaying, sweaty dancing, cheering--the works.

I spent the day kissing this hottie, and now I even get to live with him. Being married rocks.
 a couple of BAMFs

Hopefully I'll be back with regular recaps soon. I don't have a question to ask at the end of the post...er, how are things with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment