Monday, April 23, 2012

Swarming Milwaukee

This past weekend must have been a good time for bee meetups, because there was one in lovely Milwaukee too! I met hive members forevermandy, Flower Fairy, and futuremrsbauer at local brunch hotspot Trocadero. I had only been to Trocadero once before, on my 20th birthday in fact--we had sat outside and a gigantic spider made its way into my lap somehow, and in response I made an involuntary gutteral grunt in front of my future in-laws and flung the thing to the ground. Needless to say, my experience at the bee meetup was much more pleasant.

Personal pic
From left to right: Me, forevermandy, Flower Fairy, and futuremrsbauer

The brunch drinks flowed freely--I tried my first mimosa ever and it was the best thing I've ever tasted. Besides chocolate. And bacon. And lasagna. And several other things. But seriously what have I been doing with my life thus far to never have tried a mimosa before? The food was great too, but best of all, the conversation (all together now: awww). We all talked about weddingy things, jobs, fiancés, and general Milwaukee life. I love how a small thing like reading the same website can bring people together like this, and I already can't wait to get together again (all together now: awwwwdgfhgghh {sorry, I gagged a little}). But seriously, you girls rocked, and now I'm not quite so scared of being friendless when I move up there.

Who else lives in the Milwaukee area? Let's make the next meetup huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment