Thursday, April 26, 2012

I May End Up Throwing Something

I've already admitted that part of the reason I want a candy buffet is so I can make a cool backdrop for it. Well, sadly, that's also part of the reason I want a photobooth. Of course I also want to see all the hilarious photos of my guests, and I think they'll enjoy it too. But I really just want to make a cool backdrop. Is that a crime?

Mr. Unicycle and his dad worked on building a PVC pipe frame a few weeks ago, inspired by Pin Cushion's design.


So now I just have to figure out how to pimp that shiz.

I love the mix of colors and textures in this backdrop, though if I did it myself, it would probably be all white, partly because my color scheme is not very colorful, and partly because I wouldn't want to distract from the people in the photos too much!
Image via Style Me Pretty / Photo by Arrow & Apple

I also love the texture of this fringey, mylar-y backdrop, but at this point in the game, I'm too lazy to figure out the logistics of bringing this idea to fruition. Plus, how would this actually attach to my PVC frame?
Image via Confetti System

I nixed this one for the same reasons. I'm guessing this would turn into a craft fail, and I can just picture myself angrily trying to throw the tissue paper across the room and growing frustrated because, as we all know, it's impossible to angrily throw a piece of paper. Gosh, I'm getting pissed off just thinking about it.
Image via A Beautiful Mess

This backdrop is adorable too, but I've actually made some of those fringe/pom pom thangs already, and they're too time consuming to make a whole backdrop out of at this point. Maybe this is why it's not hard for me to picture myself angrily throwing tissue paper around and verbally abusing my scissors...
Image via Smilebooth


For a while I had decided to do something like this. I know how to make those 3D paper snowflake thingies, any fool can figure out to to string coffee filters into a garland, and it looks like they just haphazardly knotted some tulle and muslin and called it a day. I like it.
Image via Ruche

To make this backdrop, you laser cut all of the names of your wedding guests and hang them up! I admit I considered this idea for about 5 minutes before coming to my senses. I do have access to a Silhouette Cameo, but let's be real, people. I'd probably end up throwing the machine out a window, becoming disappointed at the lack of damage caused, and retrieving the machine, only to throw it out of a window on a higher floor. I'm just being honest with myself.

So, now that I've admitted my proclivity for throwing things whilst crafting (and the fact that the clock is ticking), I've started to consider some simpler backdrop ideas. For this one I could just tie some ribbon, strips of fabric, or even streamers to the frame and be done.
Image via Ruffled / Photo by Krista Mason / Event design by Chic Celebrations

To spice it up a bit, I could fringe the fabric/paper strips and somehow orchestrate floating gold polka dots to hang among the fringe.
Image via Tres Sugar / Photo by Valo Photography via Style Me Pretty

But...I've been holding out on you. The first photobooth backdrop I ever considered, and the one I am still planning on making, is this:
Image via Brass and Linen / Photo by Therese Jacinto

I was originally inspired by Mrs. Moonbeam, who was inspired by Chanel's spring 2009 show, to make a wall of giant paper flowers. Here's her completed flower wall:


I've already found some good tutorials/inspiration for making giant paper flowers:




But here's the prob: I've got less than 2 months until the wedding, with approximately 0% of this project done. And by "approximately" I mean "exactly." I'm still trying to finish my dang centerpieces. My other problem is that I don't know how I can make this work with a PVC frame. Mrs. Moonbeam attached her flowers to plywood, but I don't think I can hang plywood from PVC.

Here's where you come in, hive! How can I make this project work??

No comments:

Post a Comment