Monday, March 12, 2012

Wedding Day Makeup: Fo' Realz

I posted a little bit about makeup ages ago, when this lil wedding of mine was but a twinkle in my eye. Now that I'm about 100 days out (seriously how and why did this happen??) I should probably figure this shiz out. Fo' realz. I hired a stylist to come to the hotel the morning of the wedding to do my mom's and my hair and makeup, so thankfully I won't have to do any of this myself. (I don't really "get" makeup.) And I'll be getting a makeup trial in a few months too. So I should really be prepared with some inspiration pics!

To recap, here's what I showed you before:

Image via Glamour / barrettes from Ban.do

Image from Keiko Lynn

Since I decided my wedding would have a slight retro theme (thanks to the look of my dress and necklace), I've collected a few more inspiration pics that fit with that overall aesthetic. Ladies and gentlemen--I think this calls for red lipstick.


Surprisingly, this isn't the same person as the previous photo. Don't they look like twins?

But what really stopped me in my tracks was Adele at the Grammys a few weeks ago. How is she so HOT??

Image via Glamour

Image via Varnished

And her supreme hawtness extends beyond the Grammys. She's always pretty.

Image via Popdust

Image via Glamour UK

Image via Hair Romance

Image via Rolling Stone

I think I just like her look because it's a little bit retro, it involves my favorite thing in the world--enormous hair--and she has a round face like me, which is pretty rare among celebrities. So looking like her is a lot more attainable for me than looking like, say, Keira Knightley (Mr. Unicycle's celebrity crush, grrr!). 

But back to wedding talk. I think the pictures I'm going to bring to my makeup trial will be Adele from the Grammys, Dita Von Teese, and her bride twin (above). All 3 of them had the makeup components I'm going for:
  • pale skin
  • red lips
  • enormous fake lashes
Do you find yourself inspired by a particular celebrity when it comes to wedding hair and makeup? Who's your celeb girl crush?


No comments:

Post a Comment