Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Other Other White Dress

Yes, the title of this post is a nod to Fat Bastard's insightful line: "Babbeh, the other other white meat." Too gross? Poor taste?

Image via Wikipedia
I almost feel like this pic is NSFW but I have to keep reminding myself that that's a man.


In my last post I talked about the dress I made for my wedding shower(s). I was planning on cutting off the superfluous white dress shopping there (I already bought The White Dress a while ago). But of course my internet "window shopping" addiction had to derail my plans. I read a post on Glamour's wedding blog about how their wedding dress section was insanely reduced in price. It sounds like they might be getting rid of their wedding dresses, but I haven't heard confirmation. At first there were a bunch of dresses reduced to either $59.99 or $99.99. If I were looking for a real wedding dress, I totally would have bought this one:

Image via Glamour via The Limited
This was only $59.99 at one point! It's gone now though, sorry!

The other dress I really liked was this one:
Image via The Limited
It's still available!

I was this close to buying it at $59.99 to wear to my rehearsal dinner, when the little angel on my shoulder spoke up and reminded me that $59.99 is still a lot to pay, considering I wasn't planning on getting a new dress for the rehearsal dinner at all. Plus, tax and shipping made that dress closer to $70 dollars. It's a great deal considering what the original price was ($228.00!) but I definitely had my sale goggles on.

But I just couldn't let it go. I stalked that dress several times a day for a few weeks. I watched it drop to $49.99. Still, no. I felt good about myself for not buying it! But then...

One day I innocently clicked the link and saw...wait for it...$29.99! That's about 13% the original price. You can guess what happened next...

Personal pic

Personal pic

Personal pic

Personal pic

Bad News #1: If you want to buy it, the price has inexplicably gone back up to $49.99. Sad.
Bad News #2: It's a little too big for me. Thank God for the shoulder strap or that bad boy wouldn't stay up. Unfortunately it makes me look quite large because of the extra fabric, but maybe I'll just try to tie the belt tighter?
Bad News #3: Our rehearsal dinner is at Lou Malnati's. Actually if you know me at all, this is friggin GREAT news. But pizza and white dresses really don't mix. And I'm pretty sure no one's ever shown up there dressed this fancily. Will I feel like a prize fool surrounded by families in hoodies and jeans? Do I care? I think I'll just rock it. I'm known for wearing tacky things with confidence. It's kind of my thing.


Have you ever suffered from sale goggles? Do you wear tacky clothes with confidence? Are you craving deep dish pizza right about now?

1 comment:

  1. Would you consider selling the rehearsal dress? Is so could you email me at myrnaccampos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete