Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Other Proposal: Unicycle Gets Crafty

Or, "How I asked my grrrls to be my bridesmaidz." I knew I wanted to send them something crafty and cutesy in the mail because I'd filed away all sorts of ideas when I was but a girlfriend (before I was someone's fian-SAY).

Image via Once Wed / Project created by Anna Bond of Rifle Design

Image via from Wedding Stand

After Mr. Unicycle popped the big Q, I could finally finally start using all the ideas I'd acquired! The "Will you be my bridesmaid" cards were the first DIY project I tackled.

Personal pic
This is what the front of the cards looked like.

Around the time I got engaged, my office was asked to test out a Cricut machine and make things with it, so I jumped on the opportunity. I actually already have a Cricut at home (I know, I'm spoiled) but the one we reviewed was newer and better, and it had shapes that I don't have at home. Unfortunately it didn't have any dress shapes, so I just free-handed that bad boy and cut it out the ol' fashioned way (with scissors, for those of you who don't craft). I did use the Cricut to cut out the frame, and the letters and bunting on the inside:


I was very pleased with the way these cards turned out! I loved the tiny pearls, the poofy yellow dress, the font included in the Cricut cartridge, and the sparkly polka dot paper. After making these, I am so glad that I chose yellow, gray, and white for our color scheme.


And *Spoiler Alert* all the gals said yes!


How did you ask your bridal party to stand up to your wedding? Did you just ask the old fashioned way or did you craft something unnecessarily cutesy?

No comments:

Post a Comment