Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Most Fabulous Spreadsheet of All Time

If you can believe it, my Wedding 2012! Google Doc has even more tabs than I showed you in my mile long post on wedding organization. I saved the best one for last.
Screenshot via my own personal use of Print Screen

How could I possibly choose a favorite tab in my Google Doc when we've got a song list tab (featuring Mickey Avalon's "My Dick") and a statistical analysis of wedding venues' pros and cons in the running?

See, I wasn't lying. We've also got some classic Gunther on the list. Clearly guests aren't taking my song request form seriously. At least I hope they're not serious.

Because this is the tab that trumps all other tabs: The To Do Timeline! In this spreadsheet of spreadsheety goodness, I indicated everything (everything?) everything (everything?) EVERYTHING I need to do (or tell someone else to do) for the wedding and organized each task by month. I didn't come up with the concept myself; instead, I am eternally grateful to the Ferris Wheels for sharing their organization style with the web so I could steal it. Here's Ferris Wheel's:

Image via Ms. Ferris Wheel on Weddingbee

And here's ours:

Yellow means DONEZO! Blue means it's in the middle of being done (that's right, I am in the middle of several fun things right now!), purple means I'm making someone else do it for me, and...I can't remember what orange means. Also, can you see "invitations" in the corner trying to hide all innocent-like?

I would highly recommend this sort of organization because:

  • You can move things around easily. If you do something early, move it to the current month. If you do something late, move it to the future and keep avoiding it (I'm thinking of invitations again). If you realize you can't meet with the priest in December because it's Christmas and he has better things to do, copy and paste that bad boy into January.
  • Color coding is my friend.
  • It can live in the same Google Doc as all of your other wedding stuff. If we had made this a word processing doc, it wouldn't have been able to be a tab in our Wedding 2012! doc because it's a different format. Plus, spreadsheets pwn word processing docs any day.
I also just wanted to bump Ms. Ferris Wheel's idea for brides who haven't been around since May, since this has been so helpful to me.

How do you organize your wedding to do's?

No comments:

Post a Comment