Thursday, December 1, 2011

How Can A Bride Take Advantage of Free Business Cards?

Mr. Unicycle had a good laugh when he saw "Moo Cards" on our wedding to do list, but Vistaprint got the last laugh because I ended up just ordering 250 business cards through them FO' FREE. Let me back up. I'd seen several other bees use mini Moo cards featuring engagement pics that direct guests to a public Flickr account where they can share pictures they take at their wedding. I love this idea because I know I'll be waiting on pins and needles for our pro pics to come back, so having guest photos all in one place=winning.

Image via T-Shirt Guru

My first step was to create a Flickr account. I ended up first creating a Yahoo account, since Flickr is through Yahoo. I didn't want to go through my existing Yahoo account because then I'd have to give guests my real password. And it's kind of an embarrassing password. It involves a certain man with Jheri curls. We debated whether to upgrade to a pro account or not and eventually decided...(drum roll please)...to wait until we get closer to the wedding to actually make a decision. Then I dabbled in Picnik for the first time ever and came up with an overly cutesy design:

Photo by Jennifer Shaffer Photography / Design by me

Then, since Vistaprint was running a "limited time," which is to say "all time" sale of 250 free business cards, I pounced on it. Slowly. Since I knew it would be around...forever. Seriously, Vistaprint is always giving away everything FO' friggin FREE. I don't know how they stay in business. I did have to pay a small upload fee to use my own lovely design, and of course shipping, but the business cards themselves were free. I was so anxious to see them when they arrived that I mutilated the cute little box.

Personal pic

But then I remembered my camera.

Personal pic


Personal pic
They look perf! Well, the yellow isn't as vibrant as I hoped, but other than that, perf. I'm planning on tucking them into the invitation suite (once I finish start it). And since I have more than I need, perhaps I'll tuck some into the thank you notes as well!


Do you think my guests will use our Flickr account after the wedding? What's a good way to encourage people to use it?

No comments:

Post a Comment